Please read carefully – Terms for – Bangkok Thailand
These terms apply to all users of our Website http://pilatesbangkok.co/ AND http://www.
Polestar Education LLC is a worldwide provider of rehabilitation-based Pilates teacher training programs in cities across the USA and through licensee arrangements in over 28 countries.
PPA is the exclusive Licensee of Polestar Education LLC in Asia for the provision of rehabilitation-based Pilates teacher training programs (the “Services”), We may also provide information regarding our Services through various marketing materials, such as leaflets, booklets brochures, email information, advertisements or content on our Website (Materials).
These terms and conditions include important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, you should stop using our Website and Services immediately. Please note that policies at Host Sites other than Bangkok may be slightly different. Please check with the Host Site that you are proposing to use before signing up for Polestar training.
1 Course Fees
1.1 Course Fees for Gateway Mat1 (GM1), Reformer (GRef), Equipment (GEq) and Qualification courses Mat Intermediate (Mint), Mat Advanced (MAdv), Reformer Intermediate (RefInt), Reformer Advanced (RefAdv), Studio/Rehabilitation Comprehensive Foundation (SRFdn), Intermediate (SRInt) and Advanced (SRAdv) include:
- Attendance at lectures, student manuals and handouts, logbooks, all assessments, tutorial support and ongoing monitoring during the course modules.
- Morning and afternoon snacks during course module days.
- Certificate of attendance issued at the end of each course module.
1.2 Additional to course fees are:
- Supervised workouts and self-mastery check-offs as indicated in mandatory requirements.
- Purchasing of all texts (other than course training manuals-replacement manuals can be purchased for US$25.-) and training aids such as DVDs.
- Personal extras, such as travel and accommodation, personal supplies and lunch during courses.
2 Time Limits and package rules
- For modules that have not been attended within a period of 12 months from the date of the first contact course, fees (and Fee structure) offered at time of registration are subject to amendment.
- Online courses should be taken in a timely manner as set out in the course module sequence.
- All modules contained in a Combination Package must be completed concurrently according to the dates set for course modules contained in the package, otherwise each course module will be priced separately and not as a combination.
2.1 The following time limits apply:
|Completion of Mat Certification||GM1, MInt, MAdv||Max 12 months from GM1|
|Completion of Reformer Certification||GRef, RefInt, RefAdv||Max 12 months from GRef|
|Completion of Comprehensive||GM1, GEq, SRFnd, SRInt, SRAdv1, SRAdv2||Max 12 months from SRAdv1|
|Sitting of Qualification Examination||1ST attempt||Within 1 year of final module of qualification series (MAdv, RefAdv, SRAdv2)|
|Sitting of Qualification Examination||2nd attempt||Within 6 months first sitting*|
*Subject to Host exam schedule
3 Registration Fees and Payment
3.1 Payment Terms: Students must pay for the course with an advance payment of the full amount for the course (course base Fee) to Polestar Pilates Asia directly.
4 Course Modules/Qualification Examinations
4.1 A deposit payment of US$100 for Mat and Reformer examinations and US$200 for Comprehensive Studio/Rehabilitation examinations, is required to reserve a place in an exam and the balance is payable on or before the exam. Deposit payments are not refundable under any circumstances.
4.2 Full payment of individual course modules is required at time of registration to reserve a place in the individual course module.
4.3 Polestar Pilates Asia Inc. and/or The Balance Studio may refuse entry of a course participant to a Qualification exam or withhold the issuance of a Certificate if a candidate has not made full payment of the fees as stipulated.
5.1 Full payment is required at the time of registration to reserve a place in the course.
5.2 All payments should be made to PPA for courses taken at The Balance Studio, Bangkok and according to Host payment instructions if courses taken at a Host site other than Bangkok. Please see Remittance instructions for full details.
5.3 After they have paid the required fee, applicants will be given/sent the Polestar Pre Training material and Polestar Student Handbook with which they should become familiar prior to the start of the course. Students will also be given access codes for all online courses registered for.
5.4 Registration is confirmed by The Balance Studio/Polestar Pilates Asia Inc. in writing. (email and/or fax and/or letter) and on receipt of payment.
6 Discounts (not applicable to exams or CEC courses)
The following discounts on all above prices apply:
1) 5% – if 2 or more people register for the same courses/packages together.
2) 5% – if applicant is registering for a second Polestar qualification.
3) 10% – if applicant is registering for a third Polestar qualification.
4) In addition, applicants who apply and pay the total course fee payable before a specified “Early Bird” date, will be entitled to an early bird discount.
Max discount applied for any combination of 1-4 above-15%
OR (If Applicable)
5) Transition Discount-Up to a maximum of 15% off course fee Discounts will also be given for applicants who have completed another recognized Pilates Qualification/qualification prior to the date of application. (Terms and Conditions apply-please contact Polestar Asia for details).
6) Resit Discount-50% off the base fee for graduates wishing to resit a course or a course module which they completed previously- (subject to availability).
7 Cancellations, Refunds and Schedule Changes
- Single Course modules Registration may be cancelled up to 30 days before the course module. Deposits will be refunded less a US$100 non-refundable deposit. NO REFUND is provided for cancellations or schedule changes 29 days or less before the date of the first day of the course.
- Polestar Qualification Examinations-NO REFUND of deposit paid will be made to candidates who withdraw from an examination(s) that they have registered for.
- Packages – Registration may be cancelled up to 30 days before the first scheduled course of the package. Deposits will be refunded less a US$100 non-refundable administration fee. For cancellations made later than 29 days prior to the first contact module of the package (including any time during the course), a refund of pre-paid amounts (pre-paid amount is calculated as the total fees paid less the value of course modules taken according to the payment plan) less US$550.- will be made to student.
- Module(s) Rescheduling – In certain circumstances and at the sole discretion of The Balance Studio, it may be possible for the participant to reschedule one or more modules of the package to the next course held in The Balance Studio, provided that the participant takes a 2-3 hour workshop (for an additional fee) covering aspects of the postponed module before participating in the following module. The Balance Studio/ Polestar will not he held liable to the participant in any way should the missed module(s) not be rescheduled at The Balance Studio at an appropriate time. An additional module postponement fee of US$75 (advance notice of more than 21 days) or US$150/module (advance notice of less than 21 days) shall apply. A postponement fee of US$200/module shall apply for rescheduling of 2 or more modules to the next series hosted in Bangkok.
- Transfer to Asia Hosts-Participants may take one or more course modules at Polestar host sites in Asia outside Bangkok provided that the course modules are taken in the correct sequence. A transfer fee of US$200/module applies in cases where less than 30 days’ notice is given and US$150/module in cases where more than 30 days’ notice is given-payable to The Balance Studio. The paid average module fee will be refunded to participant by Bangkok host and participant will purchase the module(s) from the new host site at a price set by the new host site.
- The Balance Studio/Polestar Pilates Asia Inc. reserve the right to cancel any course module/exam. Fees paid will be refunded in full.
8 Mentorship Programme:
8.1 Students may participate in The Balance Studio (or other Host site) Mentorship programme from date of deposit payment until the date of the Qualification examination so long as the Student:
- Has paid the stipulated fees in a timely manner.
- Is enrolled in one or more Polestar Courses (Mat, Reformer, Studio, Rehabilitation) and is attending the course modules as scheduled.
- Sits the certification examination within 6 months of the last course module of the series. (Participation in the programme will be suspended 6 months after last course module).
See Mentorship Programme-The Balance Studio.
Students who do not participate in the Mentorship Programme may at the absolute discretion of The Balance Studio be barred from sitting the Qualification Examination.
9.1 Students are responsible for ensuring satisfactory completion of student log book as required-including observation, self-mastery and apprentice teaching hours, assigned homework and exercise check-off, duly signed off by an authorized Polestar Educator or Mentor.
9.2 Students should attend all course modules in the correct order and on the dates specified in the schedule included in registration confirmation. It is at the discretion of Polestar Asia Director of Education to allow students to amend their training schedule. In the event that such accommodation is made, students are required to attend a brief (usually 2 hours in duration) for the missed module before attending the next module. There is an additional charge for this brief. The missed module should be attended at the next available opportunity. Students may opt to take the missed module at another Host site.
9.3 Students must be present for the full 16 hours of each course module in order to receive his/her certificate of attendance for the module. It is at the discretion of the Polestar Asia Education director to allow students to make up missed hours of any course module. There is an additional charge for such make-up sessions.
9.4 Course/Exam Schedule
- All the course modules in the package must be completed within 1 year of the date of the first course as originally scheduled.
- Qualification examination must be taken within 1 year of final course module Mat Advanced, Reformer Advanced, SR Advanced 2.
- Application to participate in a Qualification exam should be made at least 3 months before the date of the exam. It will be at the discretion of Polestar Asia to consider exam applications made after this deadline.
10 Qualification Examinations
10.1 Candidates who have:
- Attended all core modules (16 hours per module)
- Completed the required observation, self-mastery and assistant teaching hours (see recommended hours)
- Been appropriately and fully signed off on their student log sheets by a Polestar Educator or authorized Mentor.
- Paid all Qualification and examination fees as stipulated.
- Have completed and submitted an Examination Application Form at least 3 month before the designated exam date, are eligible to sit the Polestar Education Qualification Examination.
Will be required to bring the following documents to present to the examiner prior to the start of the examination:
- All course module attendance certificates.
- Log sheets signed off by an authorized educator or mentor.
- Confirmation of course fee payment from your host.
- Identification Document.
- Cover Sheet from previous exam – in case of exam resit.
10.2 Under normal circumstances candidates will not be permitted to sit the Qualification exam before at least three months have passed after he/she completed the final core course module. Earlier sitting will be at the sole discretion of the Polestar Asia Education Director.
10.3 The Qualification examination must be taken within 1 year of final course module.
10.4 Retakes of the entire examination-or parts thereof (for unsuccessful candidates) must be taken within 6 months of the first sitting. The exam retake fee-Entire examination-50% of exam fee /MCQ section US$75, Practical section US$150. Polestar Pilates Asia Inc. will arrange for an examiner to visit all Host sites at least twice a year and will inform potential candidates of planned examination schedule by posting the exam schedule on the Polestar Asia website.
10.5 Candidates should make application to participate in the Qualification exam through their host by submitting Examination Application Form at least 3 months before the exam date.
10.6 Candidates may sit the examination at any Polestar Host worldwide so long as the required fees have been paid and prior arrangements have been made with the Host concerned. Exam fee may be higher at other Host centres. The required pass mark is 80% in each section.
10.7 Qualification Renewal: In order for Polestar graduates to maintain their qualifications in good standing, the following requirements must be met:
- If the graduate is Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) certified, Polestar requalification is maintained automatically as long as PMA certification remains valid. Graduates are required to provide Polestar with the appropriate evidence that their PMA certification is in good standing.
- Polestar graduates who are not PMA certified are required to accumulate 16 Polestar Continuing Education Credits (CECs) every 2 years after qualification. Polestar CECs are earned by attending a Polestar approved activity (course, workshop, seminar, retreat) where 1 activity hour will earn 1 Polestar CEC-except for Polestar course resits which earn 0.5 CECs for each course hour.
Information about the CEC activities are available from Polestar Pilates Asia.
In Asia all applications for qualification renewal are made through Polestar Pilates Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org). An application form together with all CEC attendance certificates with the appropriate qualification renewal fee should be submitted at least 2 months before the date of qualification expiration.
11 Use of Our Website
11.1 The entire contents of this Website are copyrighted and owned by PPA, Subject to these Terms and Conditions, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, limited privilege to enter and use the Website.
11.2 If you are under 16 you must obtain your parent’s or guardian’s permission before using the Website and must not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (e.g. your telephone number, home address, email address) to us or to any other users of the Website.
11.3 All orders for PPA’s Services made via the Website shall constitute a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been accepted.
11.4 You must (a) be at least eighteen (18) years of age or a corporation, partnership or other legal entity to use our Website to purchase any Services.
11.5 Prior to the purchase of any Services on our Website, you may need to provide us with valid credit payment information which may include any or all of the following: (i) your name as it appears on any credit or payment card card, (ii) your credit or payment card number, (iii) the card type, (iv) the date of expiration, (v) any activation numbers or codes needed to charge your card and (vi) your billing address to which the card is associated. By submitting the aforesaid information to us or a third party used by us, you hereby agree that you authorize us to charge your card at our convenience but within thirty (30) days of credit card authorization.
11.6 You agree to provide us with accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your billing information as prompted by the registration process.
11.9 Whilst we shall take reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. In no event shall we be liable for any damages (whether consequential, direct, incidental, indirect, punitive, special or otherwise) arising out of, or in any way connected with, a third party’s unauthorized access to your personal information, regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, strict liability, tort or other theories of liability, and also regardless of whether we are given actual or constructive notice that damages were possible.
11.10 In accessing the Website, you agree that you will only access its contents for your own personal use and not for any other purposes. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create any derivative works from any content on our Website except for your own personal, non-commercial use without our prior written permission.
11.11 We reserve the right to restrict access to certain areas of our Website, or indeed our whole Website, at our sole discretion.
11.12 You may view, download and print pages or other content from the Website provided that: (a) you do not republish any material from the Website (including republication on another Website), or reproduce or store any material from the Website in any public or private electronic retrieval system; (b) you do not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit the Website or material for any commercial purpose, without our express written consent.
11.13 You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, or assist others in making such attempts, or distribute instructions, software or tools for that purpose.
11.14 You may not use any automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, probe, test or monitor any portion of the Website, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, to obtain or attempt to obtain any documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website.
11.15 You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or any of the systems or networks comprising or connected to the Website.
11.16 You are responsible for undertaking suitable precautions to scan for computer viruses and maintaining a back-up of all of your data and/or equipment, and to restrict access to your computer to avoid disclosure of such items.
11.17 You also agree that we may, in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you, terminate your access to the Website and your Account for any reason, including without limitation: (a) attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Website or assistance to others’ in attempting to do so, (b) overcoming software security features limiting use of or protecting any material on our Website, (c) discontinuance or material modification of the Website or any service offered on or through the Website, (d) violations of these terms and conditions, (e) failure to pay for subscriptions or purchases, (f) suspected or actual copyright infringement, (g) unexpected operational difficulties, or (h) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies.
11.18 You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for termination of your access to the Website.
11.19 Information published via the Website is intended solely for the purpose of providing general information and is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We do not warrant that any Materials are accurate or free from error and we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any content on the Website by you or by anyone who may be informed of any of the contents of the Website. You acknowledge that when using the Website you may be exposed to Materials from a variety of sources and that we are not responsible for the content, truth, accuracy, usefulness or safety of such Materials.
11.20 In the event that we are involved in a merger, acquisition, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation, sale or similar transaction relating to any portion of its business and/or assets, you hereby acknowledge and agree that all data collected on our Website may be included in the assets of, and/or transferred pursuant to, any such transaction.
11.21 The information on this Website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of the Website and the Material. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the Website remains available or that the Material is kept up to date.
11.22 The Website may include links to external sites and co-branded pages. We have included links to these sites and co-branded pages to provide you with access to information and Services that you may find useful or interesting, however, we are not responsible for the content of such sites and pages or for anything provided by them.
11.23 All material contained on this Website, including without limitation digital downloads, and all links or other items related thereto are transmitted and distributed “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, that the site, its features and functions, will be available for use or work as described.
11.24 We accept no obligation to monitor the use of the Website. However, we reserve the right to disclose any information as required by law and/or to remove, or to edit any information or material, to block your access and to take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable law or regulation. We shall also in our absolute discretion fully co-operate with law enforcement and other relevant authorities with respect to any investigation of suspected unlawful activity or violation of network security. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the Website to ensure that you download the most up to date version of the Website as we may change the Website from time to time.
12 Use of Our Services
12.1 You agree to use our Services for lawful purposes only and in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit any person’s use and enjoyment of our Services and in compliance at all times with these terms and conditions and with all prevailing laws and regulations.
12.2 The information available regarding our Services supplied by us does not constitute medical advice and it is your responsibility to determine, through obtaining appropriate medical advice, that you are fit and well and that our Services are suitable for you. It is not our responsibility to do so.
12.3 Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any exercise program or making a lifestyle change. This is particularly important if you are overweight, pregnant, nursing, regularly taking medications, or have any existing medical conditions. Do not delay seeking a diagnosis or any medical advice or treatments based on information contained on this Website or in any of the Material.
- Participation in all Polestar activities are on a first come, first served basis.
- Students are required to comply with all host site rules and regulations.
- Students are requested to switch off mobile phones during tuition and may not bring food and drink into the class area.
- Students may be excluded from any Polestar activity if at the discretion of Polestar, his/her participation interferes with the smooth running of the activity or undermines the good reputation of Polestar in any way. (See student Handbook-Dismissal from Programme).
- No photography (still or video) is permitted during Polestar courses or exams.
- Students will be assigned a Polestar Asia Student Number which should be stated in all correspondence with Polestar Asia.
- Course fees include instruction workshops, manual, light refreshments and certificate of attendance.
- The Balance Studio reserves the right to reschedule any course/exam provided that at least 21 days’ notice is given.
- For package pricing, all courses must be completed within 1 year from the date of the first course taken. Qualification examination must be taken within 1 year of final course module.
- The Balance Studio/Polestar Pilates Asia Inc. reserve the right to postpone a course or activity of any kind if the weather or other factors beyond the Host’s reasonable control prevent the conducting of the said course or training on the scheduled date. No financial compensation will be payable in such circumstances.
- Additional information on all the above may be found in the Polestar Student Handbook which is issued to each student after receipt of deposit. Students should read and adhere to all requirements and guidelines set out in the Student Handbook.
14.1 Polestar Education LLC, Polestar Pilates Asia Inc., The Balance Studio and all staff related to the above course and entities will not be held liable for any loss of property or life, injury or inconvenience accredited to or from participating in or intending to participate in, before, during or after the course to the maximum extent permitted by law. It is the participant’s duty to ensure they are of adequate health and physical, mental and financial preparation to embark on this course of study. Anyone in doubt should contact email@example.com to discuss their situation before registering.
15 Privacy issues
16.1 All training material provided by Polestar to participating students including but not limited to course manuals and workshop handouts are the intellectual property of Polestar Education LLC and may not be copied in any form or distributed to a third party without the written consent of PPA or Polestar Education LLC.
16.2 PPA retains the intellectual and copyright Property to all studio and educational materials, systems, documentation, policies and Procedures, modules, handouts, work books, brochures, photographs and any material used within the context of the student work with PPA. Unauthorized use of this material will mean that the student may be subject to the relevant legal Proceeding’s and payment of any fees as determined by such legal Proceeding’s.
16.3 All materials created by or for Polestar Pilates and their host sites and affiliates are bound by copyright and/or trademark and subject to legal recourse under the relevant copyright or trademark laws. No use of copyright or trademarked materials or images will be authorized unless expressly agreed in writing by the Director.
17 Protection of business interests
17.1 At all times Students are the customers of Polestar Pilates and you agree that you will not induce or solicit any Students to attend any other Pilates teacher training programs.
17.2 You agree that you will not solicit any employees of PPA, or their Host partners and affiliates to leave their employment.