Scoliosis Treatment in Bangkok
What is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a medical condition in which a person’s spine has a sideways curve. The curve is usually “S”- or “C”-shaped over three dimensions. In some, the degree of curve is stable, while in others, it increases over time. The cause of most cases is unknown, but it is believed to involve a combination of Structural and Functional Risk factors include other affected family members. It can also occur due to another condition such as muscles spasms, wrong posture Diagnosis is confirmed with X-Rays Scoliosis is typically classified as either structural in which the curve is fixed, or functional in which the underlying spine is normal.
Scoliosis is defined as a three-dimensional deviation in the axis of a person’s spine.
Most instances, including The Scoliosis Research Society, define scoliosis as a Cobb Angle of more than 10° to the right or left as the examiner faces the person, i.e. in the Coronal plan.
Scoliosis has been described as a bio mechanical deformity, the progression of which depends on asymmetric forces otherwise known as the Hueter-Volkmann Law.
Types of Scoliosis?
Every person from kid to old person will have a different history of pattern of Posture and habits of life. In most of the cases this are the different types we treat normally at our Scoliosis Center in Bangkok:
- Thoracolumbar, Thoracolumbar scoliosis is curvature that includes vertebrae in both the lower thoracic and upper lumbar portion of the spine. Curves can also be defined as left thoracic scoliosis or right thoracic scoliosis.
- Thoracic, The thoracic spine is the most common location for a scoliotic curve. Thoracic scoliosis more commonly presents itself as a curve to the right (dextroscoliosis), and as with all types of scoliosis
- Lumbar, Scoliosis is a side-to-side curve in the spine. Degenerative scoliosis is a result of wear and tear on the discs and joints of the spine. It is the most common type of scoliosis in adults, and usually happens in the lumbar (lower) spine.
- Double, a double major curve describes a right thoracic and a left lumbar curve. Both of these two curves are the most common curve patterns to progress.
How to treat Scoliosis, without Surgery?
Corrective scoliosis exercise programs aim to stabilize and reverse the scoliosis curve. They not only improve posture, reduce pain, and prevent the curve from getting worse, but also also reduce the size of the curve. At our centre specialist in การรักษา Scoliosis we are using the most advanced technics of exercises using machines to help to improve results. Our exercises with our expertise are helping from kids, adults and Seniors to reduce pain and curves.
The Schroth Method is a nonsurgical option for scoliosis treatment. It uses exercises customized for each patient to return the curved spine to a more natural position. The goal of Schroth exercises is to de-rotate, elongate and stabilize the spine in a three-dimensional plane. This is achieved through physical therapy that focuses on:
- Restoring muscular symmetry and alignment of posture
- Breathing into the concave side of the body
- Teaching you to be aware of your posture
As PhysioPilates Experts in Scoliosis treatment we are using more exercises from Pilates with machines specific for safety and high results for Spine.
Steps for การรักษา Scoliosis at The Balance?
- Contact first – Book FREE Consultation with our PhysioPIlates Experts
- Come to the Free Consultation with your X-rays files
- Find a Plan to come 1, 2 or 3 times per week
In every session your PhysioPilates will assess you in terms to adapt all exercises and see how are your progressions and your habits of posture to help you to define Home exercises.
It is really important in this process to learn about your own body conditions to be able to every day make your exercises and never feel pain again and reduce curves.
How much is the การรักษา Scoliosis Treatment?
We suggest to all our customers to start by the introduction program:
Scoliosis Treatment Trial – Free Consultation (30 minutes) – Open an account with details of the scoliosis case – 3 sessions of 1 hour exercises treatment – Free assessment every 3 sessions by experts.